Friday, June 22, 2012

Quick Cucumber Salad

Quick Cucumber Salad 

Fridge was low on stock, didn't have time to do the grocery shopping; still got some fresh tomatoes from my backyard, found the leftover onion from my previous dish & a bag of Japanese cucumber I bought a couple days ago from the local grocer... stir fry? nah.. then i will have to make some rice to go with it, but i am too hungry to wait for my rice to be cooked. Soup? couldn't think of a recipe for these ingredients at this moment... Salad??? ding ding ding ding!!  


This cucumber salad goes well with all kinds of meals, or you could just eat it as a meal.. it's fast, easy,tasty & refreshing~!!!


Ingredients:
* 3 small cucumbers; peeled & sliced
* 1/4 onion; sliced
* 1 small tomato; diced
* 1/2 teaspoon parsley flakes
* 2 tablespoons lemon juice
* 1 tablespoon honey
* 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
* salt; to taste
* pepper; to taste 


Directions: 
* medium bow; combine olive oil, honey, salt & pepper and stir well.
* add the cucumber mixture (cucumber, onion & tomato) and toss to coat.
* refrigerate for 10~15min, tossing or stirring occasionally.


my cost…
Onion
free
(my sister gave it to me)
Tomato
free
(from my backyard)
Lemon
free
(from my backyard)
Cucumbers
$0.89
($2.99 a bag, 10 cucumbers in a bag, only used  3)
*cost is not including seasonings
total:
$0.89


No comments:

Post a Comment