Thursday, June 21, 2012

Homemade Strawberry Honey Jam

Homemade Strawberry Honey Jam


I overbought the strawberries -.-" it was really cheap, I couldn't help myself but to get more... it was only $0.89 a box!!! ridiculously cheap!!! but it was too much strawberries in my fridge at once, I don't have a big fridge, must figure out how to finish my strawberries and create more space in the fridge...

Perfect timing, my strawberry jam was about to run out, why not turn the fresh strawberries into Homemade strawberry jam?! 


ok, so... I am not a professional at canning and I didn't have time to go to the grocery store to buy the new jam jars. This time, I am just using the jar I kept from the previous store bought strawberry jam, make sure give it a DEEP CLEAN before using it. This homemade strawberry jam will last up to 10~15 days, enough for 7~8 slices of bread.


Ingredients:
* 2 cups of strawberries; finely chopped.
* 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
* 1/4 cup of honey


Directions:
* in a small saucepan; combine all the ingredients together; medium heat about 5min.
* stir frequently; turn to low heat; keep on stirring.
* once the jam is thicken and you see the bubble on the surface, then your jam is ready!! (approx. 10~15min) 










my cost…
Strawberries
 $    0.89

Lemon
      free!!
from my backyard

 

Total:
 $    0.89
*cost is not including seasonings







No comments:

Post a Comment