Monday, June 4, 2012

Paleolithic Diet & Gluten Free (Paleo Diet, Caveman Diet) Mango Tomato Salad

Paleolithic Diet & Gluten Free (Paleo Diet, Caveman Diet) Mango Tomato Salad 
Mango is on sale again!!! it's even cheaper than what i paid a few weeks ago. I couldn't stop myself from walking away the on sale mangoes, it's only $49cents each! what a great deal!

As soon as I laid my eyes on the on sale mangoes, the pictures of my tomatoes and lemons from my backyard popped out of my head... yep, that's right... I am going to make a Mango Tomato Salad!
Ingredients:
* 1 mango; cubed
* 1 small tomato; chopped
* 1/4 cup of onion; finely chopped
* 1 teaspoon of basil; chopped
* 2 table spoon of lemon juice
* salt; to taste
* pepper; to taste 

Directions:
* in a medium bowl, combine mango, onion, tomato and basil.
* in a separate bowl, combine all dressing ingredients, lemon juice, salt & pepper.
* toss with mango mixture. 


Mango
$0.49
(on sale for $1.99 a bag, used 1/4)

Tomatoes
Free
(from my backyard)


Basil
Free
(from my backyard)
Onion
$0.08
($0.99 a bag, total 3 onions, only used 1/4)

Lemon
Free
(from my backyard)
total
$0.57

*cost is not including the seasonings.

No comments:

Post a Comment