Sunday, June 10, 2012

Bacon Wrapped Artichoke Dip Stuffed Chicken

Bacon Wrapped Artichoke Dip Stuffed Chicken

I like my chicken tender and juicy, there are plenty of ways to make the chicken breasts tender & juicy like the dark meat, BUT I would still rather choose dark meat over white meat… therefore, Chicken Thigh/Leg v.s. Chicken Breast…?!?! Chicken Thigh/Leg won!!!

I don’t know how to make artichoke dip, the $$$ I have to spend + just to think of the ingredients I have to prepare to make that small bowl of artichoke dip is already giving me enough headache… Target store is just down the street, and it only costs $2.99 a jar!!! (on sale price, regular @ $ 3+ not too sure how much) save yourself some trouble, just get it from the store...

I am not much of a “sodium” person, all of my homemade food is lightly salted, I love the original authentic flavors…  I don’t think we need any seasonings for this dish, because there’s already enough flavor from the bacon & the artichoke dip, don’t’ add too much additional seasonings to ruin its authenticity…  

Ingredients:
* artichoke dip; 3 tablespoons
* 1.5 chicken thighs(deboned)
* 4.5 strips of bacon

Directions:
* Flatten the chicken thighs to 1/4-in.
* cut bacon in half.
* crisscross the 2 pieces of half-sized bacon on the top of the chicken; flip upside down.
* spread the artichoke dip over as much as needed; the size of the chicken is very SMALL, you will not need a lot.
* roll up the chicken; use 1 piece of half-sized bacon to wrap around the roll to close the opening.
* 350 degrees for 35~40minutes. 



Flatten Chicken Thighs 















Chicken with bacon













Artichoke Dip













Done

Artichoke dip
$0.15
($2.99 a jar, only used 3 tablespoons; I would say... only used 1/20 of the dip )

Chicken thighs
$1.53
(it was $3.07 a pack, only used half)


Bacon
$0.67
($2.99 a pack, about 20 strips, only used 4.5strips)







total
$2.35

*cost is not including the seasonings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment