Friday, May 18, 2012

Sriracha Lemon Mango

Sriracha Lemon Mango

I LOVE the Mexican Chili Lemon Mango from the street vendors, but to drive 40min from my house to DTLA just to get the chili lemon mango is not a very "economical" thing to do... but NOTHING is going to stop me from eating my yummy chili lemon mango!!

It's Mango season right now, mangoes are super cheap to get during this time of the year, eat as much mango as you can (well, if you are crazy about mango like me) while the "supplies last"!! 

I don't have Chili powder at home, and I really do not want to spend "unnecessary $$$" on a bottle of chili powder which I might only use it... for..  once..? so, I substituted the chili powder with SRIRACHA!! Some of the main ingredients for sriracha are jalapeno peppers, salt, sugar & vinegar... it's spicy, sweet & sour-all-in-one!!! (sounds like a package deal... hahaha!)

Ingredients:
* 1 mango; cubed
* 1/4 cup of lime/lemon juice
* sriracha (to taste)

Directions
* combine all the ingredients into a medium bowl... then... mix ... mix... mix... till every corner of the mango is evenly covered with the yummy sauce!!!


my cost…
Mango
 $    0.79

Lemon
      free!!
from my backyard

 

Total:
 $    0.79
*cost is not including seasonings


No comments:

Post a Comment