Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Chicken Meatballs Soup


Chicken Meatballs Soup

Meatballs… not necessarily spaghetti and meatballs… Yummy Meatballs… not necessarily made by ground beef… here’s a simple recipe of Chicken Meatballs Soup, healthy, fast, & easy!!!

Meatballs:
* 0.5lbs of ground chicken
* 1 scallion; chopped
* 1 teaspoon of cornstarch
* soy sauce (to taste; I only used ½ tablespoon of soy sauce, because I don’t like my food too salty)
Soup:
* 1/6 lbs of daikon (you really don’t need much; my whole daikon was 0.49lbs, and I only used 1/3 of it)
* 1 scallion; chopped
* 4 cups of water
* salt (to taste)
* 1 teaspoon of sesame oil

Directions:
* in a medium bowl, combine ground chicken, scallion, cornstarch & soy sauce; gently stir until the mixture is well mixed.
* how to shape the meatballs…?? I love the old trick that my mom taught me… grab a bunch of the mixtures in my hand, and squeeze it out in between my thumb and my index finger (see below pic).


* bring 4 cups of water to boil in medium pot; add all the meatballs into the pot and simmer
* when you see the meatballs cooked on top that means your meatballs are 90% cooked; add daikon.
* simmer for another 10 minutes and turn off the heat.
* season soup to taste with salt + sesame oil; add the scallion on the top of the soup.

Before... 

After...


my cost…













Ground Chicken
$1.50
(I bough the prepacked ground chicken,



$2.79/lbs, total 1.07lbs ($3.01), only used half)
Scallion
$0.08
($0.20/bundle, total 5 scallion, only used 2)

Daikon
$0.11
($0.70/lb, total 0.49lb, only used 1/3)

Total
$1.69

*cost is not including the seasonings.



No comments:

Post a Comment